Whether you’re a sole practitioner or work for a large firm, we can arrange Professional Indemnity Insurance for surveyors and valuers, plus a range of other relevant insurance covers.

Background Motif Tricolour
Surveyors 1

Specialist guidance

Our highly knowledgeable professional services team fully understand RICS insurance requirements and offers surveyors and valuers insurance protection that best suits their needs.

We’re also a Lloyd’s broker, giving us direct access to a unique pool of underwriting expertise in the Lloyd’s global marketplace (the world’s largest specialist insurance market).

Tailored cover for surveyors

Bullet With Bkg

Professional Indemnity Insurance for surveyors with wide limits available from £500,000 to £50 million+

Bullet With Bkg

Office packages

Bullet With Bkg

Public Liability Insurance and legal defence costs

Bullet With Bkg

Employers’ Liability Insurance

Bullet With Bkg

Cyber-Liability Insurance

Bullet With Bkg

Crime and Fraud Protection Insurance

Bullet With Bkg

Directors & Officers Insurance

Let's put you in touch with a specialist

Make a call or fill in the form

Want to speak to someone?

Call this number

clear group
Thank you for getting in touch. Your enquiry has been successfully submitted. Our team will be in touch shortly to assist you with your insurance needs.
Thank you for trying to get in touch. There was an issue with your submission. Please double-check your information and ensure all required fields are completed. If the problem persists, please contact our main number 020 7280 3450 for assistance.

Why Clear?

Industry-recognised for being people-first, our team of specialists supports start-ups, SMEs, corporates, multinationals and individuals.

Trade specialists

Trade specialists

We offer broad and bespoke sector specialist insurance solutions for peace of mind.

Chartered status

Chartered status

In recognition of our commitment to maintaining the highest standards of knowledge, ethical practice and guidance.

Exceptional service

Exceptional service

We're dedicated to providing exceptional customer service to respond proactively to the needs of our clients.

Frequently asked questions

Which type of surveyors do you insure?

We can arrange insurance for all types of surveyor, including property managers, building surveyors, and quantity surveyors.

What is the right level of cover?

Professional Indemnity Insurance will cover the cost of compensation and legal defence costs if your client sues you for negligence. In some cases, your customer will specify a minimum level of cover.

A good starting point is to assess what your largest loss could be if you made a mistake on a project or contract, which resulted in a claim for negligence. You should carefully review this area with your insurance broker to ensure that you have an adequate level of cover in place.

What does it mean if my cover is on a 'claims made' basis?

Professional Indemnity Insurance is underwritten on what is known as a ‘claims made' basis. This means that the insurance policy will only provide cover for incidents that are discovered and notified to the Insurers during the period of insurance.

What is a retroactive date?

Your Professional Indemnity Insurance policy will cover professional advice you have given in previous years, but this will often be limited to a retroactive date.

A retroactive date is the date from which the insurance policy will cover you for the work you have undertaken. For example, a live Professional Indemnity policy with a retroactive date of 1st January 2023 will cover the cost of claims arising from work undertaken on or after 1 January 2023. Work carried out before this date is excluded.

If no retroactive date is shown in your documentation or if it is noted as ‘none’, then you’ll be covered for work you have undertaken previously (provided the work falls within the scope of activities declared to Insurers).

What is 'run off' cover?

If you decide to close your company or retire, claims could still arise for work you undertook in the past. So, it's important to be aware that if you want your Professional Indemnity Insurance to continue protecting you, you can buy 'run off' cover.

If you don't have Professional Indemnity Insurance in place at the time a claim is made, then you could face unexpected financial loss. For this reason, general guidance is that you arrange a minimum of six years' 'run off' cover.

The bigger picture

Stay informed about insurance news and its impact on you and your business

Let's put you in touch with a specialist

clear group clear group